List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:December 23 2009 8:44pm
Subject:Re: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replication
View as plain text
In this case it should not be needed to sync the slave,
Resetting the master basically broke the 'pipe' but events are still on the
new binary logs, it might have lost some event in some unfortunate case, but
anyway it is probably for now to put slave back on track, check and
eventually resync.
Ciao
Claudio

On 23 dec 2009 21:35, "Carlos Proal" <carlos.proal@stripped> wrote:

The issue is that replication relies on  this logs !!!, so when you deleted
them .....
Generally speaking you have to:
> stop the slave
> sync the master with the slave (there are several ways to do this and
depending how busy is your master)
>grab the master status (position)
>change the slave to point to the master new position
>start the slave

Hope this helps.

Carlos

On 12/23/2009 2:20 PM, Daevid Vincent wrote: > > I got an alert that one of
the drives was filling...

Thread
HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationDaevid Vincent23 Dec
  • Re: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationClaudio Nanni23 Dec
  • Re: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationCarlos Proal23 Dec
    • Re: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationClaudio Nanni23 Dec
      • Re: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationCarlos Proal23 Dec
    • Re: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationprabhat kumar23 Dec
      • RE: HELP! "RESET MASTER" hosed replicationDaevid Vincent23 Dec