List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Robert Canary Date:December 18 2009 7:19pm
Subject:Re: Help Save MySQL
View as plain text
I have to disagree, your degrading the open community that built MySQL (well supported it
anyway).  But now that it is doing well, your saying they aren't good enough, after the
fact they already built it.  Yet it is good enough to for SUN and Oracle to buy. As a
small business owner, the last thing I am going to do is service a free product, that
will compete with my cash flow product.  Get real!! Oracle is not going to rescue MySQL.
Oh they are willing take control of it, just so they can dumb it down, and use its code in
their own product.  If you actually believe Oracle is going to service, update, and
develop MySQL, then you are the naive one.  Except naive isn't the word that comes to
mind.

Having said that, a save-mysql-website is not the answer, if SUN wants to sell it they
have the right to do so, and sell it to the highest bidder, or the lowest, or whoever
they feel like.  MySQL belongs to SUN.  Apparently they are serious about selling it off.
 With that in mind, if you want to stop the giant Oracle from oppressing MySQL you better
step up and make SUN an offer, because it is business, SUN will sell it.  Selling to
Oracle will not give Oracle a monopoly, therefore there is no grounds to prevent the
sell.

Again, SUN will sell it to Oracle unless someone gives SUN a better deal.  It will not
matter how many I-hate-Oracle or Anti-sell-to-Oracle websites are created. This business
people, big business.

Robert Canary
OCDirect Electrical-Datacomm
(270) 298-9331