List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Shawn McKinley Date:December 18 2009 7:07pm
Subject:RE: Fwd: Re: Help Save MySQL
View as plain text
Wow, so you are saying that MySQL is comparable to access eh?  Have you looked at MySQL at
all (I sure would hope so if you work for sun and are on a MySQL list)?  Or maybe
Wikipedia, Amazon, Cox Communications, craigslist, Ebay, Facebook, Flickr, Google,
Orbitz, Twitter, Yahoo!, YouTube, etc., etc.  have all been bamboozled into thinking this
little trashy database works.

I agree that to get the support that MySQL now (or did) enjoys will be a difficult if not
impossible task.  But to try to degrade the software and the technological advances it
has is truly naïve.

I am sure that MS is shaking with fear for Access.

Coming from Sun (I assume your email is for real), it would seem a bit dubious that you
would cast MySQL in such a bad light since Sun paid how much to acquire MySQL?  $1
billion in total consideration?  Could we, the public, not see this as someone trying to
make a deal that they make money on more palatable?

Thank you,
Shawn