List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Nelson Date:December 18 2009 5:41pm
Subject:Re: Fwd: Re: Help Save MySQL
View as plain text
You guys are incredibly naive, Oracle has promised to support MySQL for
the next 5 years. Who better to have stewardship of a database product
then the leading database supplier.  I think you guys have visions of
grandeur to think you could spend this kind of effort or resources to
build a better MySQL then Oracle. As for competing for market share
against the Oracle product.. you guys have obviously never used the
Oracle database it puts MySQL to shame in so many different ways and so
many different levels. Keeping MySQL around serves many purposes for
Oracle very nicely.. one of my favorites is the screws to IBM's DB2 and
Microsoft's Access... couple of real winners there I tell ya.  Putting
MySQL in the hands of half cocked want-a-be's would surely be the death
blow to MySQL faster then Oracle would ever hope too.. should they
decide to.  So at least for the next 5 years sit back and enjoy the ride!

Thanks Doug

Peter Brawley wrote:
> Actually just $8.95/year, I just registered save-mysql.org. Anybody
> want to help set up the page?
>
> PB
>
> -----
>
> Peter Brawley wrote:
>> Twenty bucks a year to hold the domain name. I'll do it if a couple
>> of folks volunteer to help set up the page.
>>
>> PB
>>
>> -----
>>
>> Bruno B. B. Magalhães wrote:
>>> Lets register the domain www.keep-mysql-open.com, build a champain,
>>> and ask all our partners, clients and friends to support to it?
>>>
>>> And let's make some noise... Let's engage the society and big
>>> companies like Google, Facebook, twitter, 37Signals, Amazon, Percona,
>>> etc. And starting talking to the media like TechCrunch.com,
>>> BusinessWeek, ZD.Net, etc.
>>>
>>> Without society's engagement we won't acomplish anything!
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Bruno B. B. Magalhães
>>> Sócio-Diretor de Negócios e Tecnologia
>>>
>>> BLACKBEAN CONSULTORIA
>>> Rua Real Grandeza 193/210, Botafogo
>>> Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 22281-035, Brasil
>>>
>>> +55 (21) 9996-1093
>>> +55 (21) 2266-0597
>>> www.blackbean.com.br
>>>
>>> Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial e/ou
> privilegiada.
>>> Se você não
>>> for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta mensagem,
>>> não pode
>>> usar, copiar ou divulgar as informações nela contidas ou tomar
>
>>> qualquer ação
>>> baseada nessas informações. Se você recebeu esta mensagem
> por engano,
>>> por favor
>>> avise imediatamente o remetente, respondendo o e-mail e em seguida
>>> apague-o.
>>> Agradecemos sua cooperação.
>>>
>>> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
>>> If you are
>>> not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you
>>> must not
>>> use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message or any
>>> information
>>> herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise
>>> the sender
>>> immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your
>>> cooperation.

>>> ----- End forwarded message -----

>>> 270.14.113/2573 - Release Date: 12/18/09 07:35:00

>> 270.14.113/2573 - Release Date: 12/18/09 07:35:00

Thread
Fwd: Re: Help Save MySQLBruno B. B. Magalhães18 Dec
  • Re: Fwd: Re: Help Save MySQLPeter Brawley18 Dec
    • Re: Fwd: Re: Help Save MySQLBruno B. B. Magalhães18 Dec
    • Re: Fwd: Re: Help Save MySQLPeter Brawley18 Dec
      • Re: Fwd: Re: Help Save MySQLDouglas Nelson18 Dec
        • RE: Fwd: Re: Help Save MySQLShawn McKinley18 Dec
        • Re: Help Save MySQLRobert Canary18 Dec
        • Re: Help Save MySQLTom Worster19 Dec