List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:December 18 2009 4:36pm
Subject:Re: Help Save MySQL
View as plain text
Instead of forming a group hug and singing kumbuya to save MySQL,  why
don't we take some action to prevent Oracle from keeping
(destroying/crippling) MySQL?

Who are the regulatory bodies that will decide whether Oracle can keep
MySQL? Both in Europe and North America? Asia?
What are their email addresses?  They may not realize how destructive
Oracle can be to the future of MySQL and the number of MySQL database
installations this will affect.

I think we should start a writing campaign  to the regulatory bodies to
force (or encourage) them to have Oracle to sell or spin off MySQL to
another party. What we need is ACTION.

So if someone could provide us with the names of these regulatory parties
and their email addresses, we can try to light a fire under them to put
pressure on Oracle. A web page to SaveMySQL would also help get our message
across.

What do you think guys? Can someone provide us with the names and email
addresses of the regulatory bodies, or would you rather I post the lyrics
to kumbuya?

Mike

Thread
Help Save MySQLJohn \(Burton\) Daisley17 Dec
  • RE: Help Save MySQLNeil Aggarwal17 Dec
    • Re: Help Save MySQLBruno B. B. Magalhaes17 Dec
      • Re: Help Save MySQLClaudio Nanni18 Dec
        • Re: Help Save MySQLmos18 Dec
          • Re: Help Save MySQLMichael Katz18 Dec
  • Re: Help Save MySQLMartijn Tonies17 Dec
    • Re: Help Save MySQLBruno B. B. Magalhaes17 Dec
  • Re: Help Save MySQLMartijn Tonies17 Dec
RE: Help Save MySQLJohn Daisley 17 Dec