List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:December 18 2009 7:21am
Subject:Re: Help Save MySQL
View as plain text
I am in!

Bruno B. B. Magalhaes wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
> Let's say that every mysql developer (here I am thinking only persons, not companies)
> that wants mysql to go forward would contribute from $500,00 to $1500,00, how much are we
> talking about? And we would have a 100% community owned and community driven open source
> initiative...
>
> Course, there are many others management problems and legal issues to solve, but if
> anybody would join me I would be the first one! And also would be a REMARKABLE adventure
> and maybe the next step for the open source initiatives around the world...
>
> Best Regards
> Bruno B. B. Magalhães
>
> BLACKBEAN CONSULTORIA
> Rua Real Grandeza 193, Sala 210, Botafogo
> Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 22281-035, Brasil
>
> +55 (21) 9695-2263
> +55 (21) 2266-0597
> www.blackbean.com.br
>
> Esta mensagem pode conter informação confidencial e/ou privilegiada. Se
> você não for o destinatário ou a pessoa autorizada a receber esta
> mensagem, não pode usar, copiar ou divulgar as informações nela
> contidas ou tomar qualquer ação baseada nessas informações. Se
> você recebeu esta mensagem por engano, por favor avise imediatamente o remetente,
> respondendo o e-mail e em seguida apague-o. Agradecemos sua cooperação.
>
> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not
> the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy,
> disclose or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have
> received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
>
> On Dec 17, 2009, at 2:16 PM, Neil Aggarwal wrote:
>

>>> If that’s what the price is going to be then perhaps I should
>>> offer 2€ or maybe MySQL users should get together submit a
>>> realistic offer.
>>>
>> This sounds interesting...  Get a community effort to accept
>> donations and purchase MySQL.  Then, put it under the GPL
>> and make sure nobody owns it.
>>
>> 	Neil
>>
>> --
>> Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net
>> Host your MySQL database on a CentOS virtual server for $25/mo
>> Unmetered bandwidth = no overage charges, 7 day free trial
>>

>> --

Help Save MySQLJohn \(Burton\) Daisley17 Dec
  • RE: Help Save MySQLNeil Aggarwal17 Dec
    • Re: Help Save MySQLBruno B. B. Magalhaes17 Dec
      • Re: Help Save MySQLClaudio Nanni18 Dec
        • Re: Help Save MySQLmos18 Dec
          • Re: Help Save MySQLMichael Katz18 Dec
  • Re: Help Save MySQLMartijn Tonies17 Dec
    • Re: Help Save MySQLBruno B. B. Magalhaes17 Dec
  • Re: Help Save MySQLMartijn Tonies17 Dec
RE: Help Save MySQLJohn Daisley 17 Dec