List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:December 17 2009 7:00pm
Subject:Re: copying a static table
View as plain text
Tom,

For MyISAM tables, as long as you aren't overlapping your update
cycles, I can see nothing wrong with this.

We used to rync to prepare slaves under inndb: do a broken rsync from
the live data files on the master to the archives..  when that is
complete, the result file is quite broken but significantly similar.
Lock the tables and rsync again;  the second time is MUCH faster and
the result is correct.

Against a 'quieted' MyISAM table, your technique sounds fool-proof.
Of course, test your resulting tables before you commit to anything.

 - michael dykman