List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martijn Tonies Date:December 17 2009 5:22pm
Subject:Re: Help Save MySQL
View as plain text
>Maybe a three-years consul composed from and elected by the community (by
>community I mean the people >that contributed with funds, not the user
>community) by voting?

I have been quite closely involved in doing this for the Firebird
project, you would be amazed as to how hard it is to get things
going, even for a large community like Firebird.

Having seen this from up close and personal, I have a lot of
respect for the people that actually get things done...

>> Let's say that every mysql developer (here I am thinking only persons,
>> not companies) that wants mysql to go >forward would contribute from
>> $500,00 to $1500,00, how much are we talking about? And we would have a
>>  >100% community owned and community driven open source initiative...
>>
>> Course, there are many others management problems and legal issues to
>> solve, but if anybody would join me I >would be the first one! And also
>> would be a REMARKABLE adventure and maybe the next step for the open
>>  >source initiatives around the world...
>
> Brilliant... now, whose gonna run the project? ;-)

With regards,

Martijn Tonies
Upscene Productions
http://www.upscene.com

Database questions? Check the forum:
http://www.databasedevelopmentforum.com

Thread
Help Save MySQLJohn \(Burton\) Daisley17 Dec
  • RE: Help Save MySQLNeil Aggarwal17 Dec
    • Re: Help Save MySQLBruno B. B. Magalhaes17 Dec
      • Re: Help Save MySQLClaudio Nanni18 Dec
        • Re: Help Save MySQLmos18 Dec
          • Re: Help Save MySQLMichael Katz18 Dec
  • Re: Help Save MySQLMartijn Tonies17 Dec
    • Re: Help Save MySQLBruno B. B. Magalhaes17 Dec
  • Re: Help Save MySQLMartijn Tonies17 Dec
RE: Help Save MySQLJohn Daisley 17 Dec