List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Keith Murphy Date:December 15 2009 4:58pm
Subject:Re: How to not lock anything?
View as plain text
Writers do block readers. Just at the row level vs the table level of
MyISAM. It's just much less likely for writers to block readers.

keith

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Perrin Harkins <perrin@stripped> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 8:32 PM, D. Dante Lorenso <dante@stripped>
> wrote:
> > I have an "items" table that is heavily updated with 40 million records
> > every 1 or 2 days and I need all those items indexed so they can be
> > searched.  The problem that I'm having is that the table is constantly
> > locked because an insert or delete is being performed.
> >
> > I am playing with InnoDB vs MyIsam and have been trying to figure out how
> > get the best performance.
>
> Problem solved: use InnoDB.  Writers don't block readers and vice versa.
>
> - Perrin

Chief Training Officer
Paragon Consulting Services
850-637-3877

Thread
How to not lock anything?D. Dante Lorenso15 Dec
  • RE: How to not lock anything?Neil Aggarwal15 Dec
    • RE: How to not lock anything?Neil Aggarwal15 Dec
  • Re: How to not lock anything?Jay Ess15 Dec
  • Re: How to not lock anything?mos15 Dec
  • Re: How to not lock anything?Perrin Harkins15 Dec
    • Re: How to not lock anything?Keith Murphy15 Dec
      • Re: How to not lock anything?Perrin Harkins15 Dec