List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Perrin Harkins Date:December 15 2009 4:57pm
Subject:Re: How to not lock anything?
View as plain text
On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 8:32 PM, D. Dante Lorenso <dante@stripped> wrote:
> I have an "items" table that is heavily updated with 40 million records
> every 1 or 2 days and I need all those items indexed so they can be
> searched.  The problem that I'm having is that the table is constantly
> locked because an insert or delete is being performed.
>
> I am playing with InnoDB vs MyIsam and have been trying to figure out how to
> get the best performance.

Problem solved: use InnoDB.  Writers don't block readers and vice versa.

- Perrin
Thread
How to not lock anything?D. Dante Lorenso15 Dec
  • RE: How to not lock anything?Neil Aggarwal15 Dec
    • RE: How to not lock anything?Neil Aggarwal15 Dec
  • Re: How to not lock anything?Jay Ess15 Dec
  • Re: How to not lock anything?mos15 Dec
  • Re: How to not lock anything?Perrin Harkins15 Dec
    • Re: How to not lock anything?Keith Murphy15 Dec
      • Re: How to not lock anything?Perrin Harkins15 Dec