List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steven Staples Date:December 15 2009 2:01pm
Subject:sql file system + optimization
View as plain text
Ok... in the file system, my MySQL files are located in /var/lib/mysql/
I have a database (lets say 'test') so it gets its own directory
/var/lib/mysql/test/
Now, all the tables go in this folder. (I know, we *should* all know
this...)

if the database is on another disk, could it increase performance if this
was a large database? If so, could I just
symlink the test/ directory to another raid array to increase performance?
Or would the increase be negligible?

Steven Staples

Thread
sql file system + optimizationSteven Staples15 Dec
RE: sql file system + optimizationJohn Daisley 15 Dec