List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Neil Aggarwal Date:December 15 2009 2:11am
Subject:RE: How to not lock anything?
View as plain text
> > I am using MySQL currently, but am starting to think that
> > maybe I don't
> > really need to use an RDBMS

I just thought of another thing:

It is always faster to insert into a table without
indexes than inserting into a table with indexes.

I also think it might be faster to clear the table,
insert your data, and then put the indexes back.

Try those to see if they help.

	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net
Host your MySQL database on a CentOS virtual server for $25/mo

Thread
How to not lock anything?D. Dante Lorenso15 Dec
  • RE: How to not lock anything?Neil Aggarwal15 Dec
    • RE: How to not lock anything?Neil Aggarwal15 Dec
  • Re: How to not lock anything?Jay Ess15 Dec
  • Re: How to not lock anything?mos15 Dec
  • Re: How to not lock anything?Perrin Harkins15 Dec
    • Re: How to not lock anything?Keith Murphy15 Dec
      • Re: How to not lock anything?Perrin Harkins15 Dec