List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Neil Aggarwal Date:December 15 2009 1:57am
Subject:RE: How to not lock anything?
View as plain text
> I am using MySQL currently, but am starting to think that
> maybe I don't
> really need to use an RDBMS

You can use flat file storage, but that would be inefficient.

I guess you could try to create a custom system and keep
all the records in RAM.  That would require some decent
coding to make it efficient.  How big is your full dataset?
If it is small, the NDB engine stores indexed columns in
RAM.  That might work for you.

MyISAM tables is probabably going to be the easiest to
implement and it will still be quite fast.  Unless you
really need something fancy, I think you should go with
it.

	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957, http://UnmeteredVPS.net
Host your MySQL database on a CentOS virtual server for $25/mo

Thread
How to not lock anything?D. Dante Lorenso15 Dec
  • RE: How to not lock anything?Neil Aggarwal15 Dec
    • RE: How to not lock anything?Neil Aggarwal15 Dec
  • Re: How to not lock anything?Jay Ess15 Dec
  • Re: How to not lock anything?mos15 Dec
  • Re: How to not lock anything?Perrin Harkins15 Dec
    • Re: How to not lock anything?Keith Murphy15 Dec
      • Re: How to not lock anything?Perrin Harkins15 Dec