List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:December 11 2009 6:20pm
Subject:Re: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?
View as plain text
According to MySQL docs, it should still work atomically.  Granted, I
have only used this particular trick when they are on the same
filesystem.  Copying across filesystems, I imagine it should still be
atomic, but your system may be locked for awhile.

Obviously, a dedicated RENAME DATABASE command would have the same limitations.

 - michael dykman

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

"May you live every day of your life."
    Jonathan Swift

Larry's First Law of Language Redesign: Everyone wants the colon.
Thread
Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Daevid Vincent11 Dec
  • Re: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Ken D'Ambrosio11 Dec
    • Re: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Johan De Meersman11 Dec
      • Re: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Ken D'Ambrosio11 Dec
        • Re: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Johan De Meersman11 Dec
          • Re: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Michael Dykman11 Dec
            • RE: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Daevid Vincent11 Dec
              • Re: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Michael Dykman11 Dec
                • Re: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Saravanan11 Dec
                  • RE: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Gavin Towey11 Dec
                    • RE: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Daevid Vincent11 Dec
              • Re: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Johan De Meersman11 Dec
          • Re: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Jim Lyons11 Dec
            • Re: Are you serious? mySQL 5.0 does NOT have a RENAME DATABASE?Michael Dykman11 Dec