List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Neil Aggarwal Date:December 10 2009 1:12am
Subject:RE: Missing Entries
View as plain text

> I was checking my fresh install of MySQL and noticed I had empt spaces
> or missing entries in some sections when I did a search for users on
> the 'mysql' database.

According to this page:
  If you want to prevent clients from connecting as anonymous users
  without a password, you should either assign a password to each
  anonymous account or else remove the accounts.

We I do a MySQL install, I always go into the mysql client as root
and issue these commands:
  use mysql;
  delete from user where Password='';
  flush privileges;

It removes those accounts.

Neil Aggarwal, (281)846-8957,
Host your MySQL database on a CentOS VPS for $25/mo
Unmetered bandwidth = no overage charges, 7 day free trial

Missing EntriesCarlos Williams9 Dec
  • RE: Missing EntriesNeil Aggarwal10 Dec
RE: Missing EntriesJohn Daisley 10 Dec
RE: Missing EntriesJohn Daisley 10 Dec
  • RE: Missing EntriesNeil Aggarwal10 Dec
    • Re: Missing EntriesCarlos Williams10 Dec