List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steven Staples Date:December 9 2009 3:02pm
Subject:Select from remote server from stored procedure
View as plain text
Ok, I feel silly for asking this, but I am going to do it anyway.

I have a huge stored procedure that does quite a bit of logic, and
gathering/splitting of data.   I currently have our customer database on one
server, and our logging on another.  What i need to do, is to pull the
customer id from the other server, so that the logs are tied back to the
customer.

Is this possible to do?  To make a connection, inside the stored procedure
to a completely different machine and access the mysql there?

Does my question make sense?   Currently what I am doing, is every new
customer that gets created, my php app adds the username/customerid to that
server, then makes a connection to the logging server and creates the same
record, same with deleting and updating... but there just has to be a
simpler way :)

Thanks in advance.

Steven Staples

Thread
Select from remote server from stored procedureSteven Staples9 Dec
  • RE: Select from remote server from stored procedureNeil Aggarwal9 Dec
    • Re: Select from remote server from stored procedureJohan De Meersman9 Dec
      • Re: Select from remote server from stored procedureHarrison Fisk9 Dec
        • RE: Select from remote server from stored procedureSteven Staples9 Dec
          • RE: Select from remote server from stored procedureNeil Aggarwal9 Dec
            • Use stored proc result set from another stored proc without temptable?Bryan Cantwell9 Dec