List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Baron Schwartz Date:December 8 2009 10:05pm
Subject:Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production
Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)
View as plain text
Eric,

>> There are ways to resync data that don't involve all
>> this as well:  Maatkit has some tools
>
> I've looked with great interest at Maatkit, but their tools are replete
> with warnings about dangers, bugs, and crashes. They certainly do not
> inspire confidence.

I'm the primary author of Maatkit.  What can I say -- you could go buy
a commercial off-the-shelf tool and believe the song and dance they
feed you about the tool being perfect.  At least with Maatkit, you get
transparency.  We make a concerted effort to update the RISKS section
of each tool with each release, so there is full disclosure.

I think Maatkit is by far the best solution for live master-slave sync
in most real-world situations.

- Baron
Thread
Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
  • RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave DuringProduction Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Gavin Towey4 Dec
    • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave DuringProduction Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Gavin Towey4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Baron Schwartz8 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson10 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Baron Schwartz10 Dec