List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Robinson Date:December 4 2009 10:03pm
Subject:RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)
View as plain text
>> I would never have any confidence that the replication
>> is solid enough to use the slave server for backup purposes.

> I agree completely there.  That's the other reason I like filesystem
> snapshots is that it allows you to take a backup from
> the master relatively painlessly.

I've thought of using snapshots. Offhand, can't remember the reason that
I decided they would not work for us. It'll come to me...

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - December 4, 2009
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
Gavin Towey,mysql@stripped. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of . Warning:
Although  has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this
email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the
use of this email or attachments.
Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
  • RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave DuringProduction Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Gavin Towey4 Dec
    • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave DuringProduction Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Gavin Towey4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Baron Schwartz8 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson10 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Baron Schwartz10 Dec