List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Robinson Date:December 4 2009 9:24pm
Subject:RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)
View as plain text
> I would say that it's very important to know why data
> is getting out of sync between your master and slave.

Ultimately, I agree. But since it's a canned application, getting to
that point might be hard, and once it is resolved, new issues might
arise. I would never have any confidence that the replication is solid
enough to use the slave server for backup purposes. (Which, by the way,
is the real reason I'm doing this. In the middle of the night, when
there are few users on the system, I want to backup the slave, but first
I want to make sure I have a 100% reliable copy of the data.)

> There are ways to resync data that don't involve all
> this as well:  Maatkit has some tools

I've looked with great interest at Maatkit, but their tools are replete
with warnings about dangers, bugs, and crashes. They certainly do not
inspire confidence.

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - December 4, 2009
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
Gavin Towey,Tom Worster,mysql@stripped. If you are not the named addressee you
should not disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions
presented in this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of .
Warning: Although  has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in
this email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from
the use of this email or attachments.
Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
  • RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave DuringProduction Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Gavin Towey4 Dec
    • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave DuringProduction Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Gavin Towey4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Baron Schwartz8 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson10 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Baron Schwartz10 Dec