List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tom Worster Date:December 4 2009 8:30pm
Subject:Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production
Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)
View as plain text
On 12/4/09 3:14 PM, "Gavin Towey" <gtowey@stripped> wrote:

> I would say that it's very important to know why data is getting out of sync
> between your master and slave.  Fixing those root causes would eliminate the
> need for this.

i very much agree. the only instances of slaves getting out of whack that
i've experienced was when i screwed something up administratively.

> There are cases where non-deterministic queries will produce
> different results, but that's what row based replication is supposed to solve
> =)

16.3.1 lists some interesting cases to consider:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-features.html

> There are ways to resync data that don't involve all this as well:  Maatkit
> has some tools that compare data between servers, and can fix them with
> queries.  No stopping the slave or locking the master necessary.  I've used
> them in production with good results.

thanks for the pointer. looks handy.

Thread
Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
  • RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave DuringProduction Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Gavin Towey4 Dec
    • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave DuringProduction Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Gavin Towey4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Baron Schwartz8 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson10 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Baron Schwartz10 Dec