List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tom Worster Date:December 4 2009 5:17pm
Subject:Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production
Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)
View as plain text
On 12/4/09 11:59 AM, "Robinson, Eric" <eric.robinson@stripped> wrote:

>> (2) why delete slave logs when you can
>> restart the slave with --skip-slave and
>> then use CHANGE MASTER TO?
>
> Well... I guess mainly because I didn't know about that option! I
> thought I needed to "fake out" mysql on this, but it sounds like I can
> just do 'flush tables with read lock;reset master;' on the master and
> 'change master to...;' on the slave. So cool. Thanks for the input!

16.1.1 is probably my favorite chapter of the manual. 16.1.1.8 is
particularly worth a read.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication-howto-existingdata.html

Thread
Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
  • RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave DuringProduction Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Gavin Towey4 Dec
    • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave DuringProduction Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Gavin Towey4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Baron Schwartz8 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson10 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Baron Schwartz10 Dec