List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Eric Robinson Date:December 4 2009 4:59pm
Subject:RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)
View as plain text
> (1) innodb?

It's an off-the-shelf application that uses MyISAM tables. It is
possible to convert to innodb, but I have not been sold on innodb in
terms of its  performance characteristics for this particular
application. Maybe I've been reading the wrong stuff. Do you have
general thoughts on the differences with respect to performance?

> (2) why delete slave logs when you can
> restart the slave with --skip-slave and
> then use CHANGE MASTER TO?

Well... I guess mainly because I didn't know about that option! I
thought I needed to "fake out" mysql on this, but it sounds like I can
just do 'flush tables with read lock;reset master;' on the master and
'change master to...;' on the slave. So cool. Thanks for the input!

--
Eric Robinson

Disclaimer - December 4, 2009
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for Tom
Worster,mysql@stripped. If you are not the named addressee you should not
disseminate, distribute, copy or alter this email. Any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and might not represent those of . Warning:
Although  has taken reasonable precautions to ensure no viruses are present in this
email, the company cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage arising from the
use of this email or attachments.
Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
  • RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave DuringProduction Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Gavin Towey4 Dec
    • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During ProductionHours without Interrupting Users (Much)Tom Worster4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
  • RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave DuringProduction Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Gavin Towey4 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Baron Schwartz8 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson4 Dec
RE: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Eric Robinson10 Dec
  • Re: Here's an Idea for Re-Syncing Master and Slave During Production Hours without Interrupting Users (Much)Baron Schwartz10 Dec