List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krishna Chandra Prajapati Date:November 25 2009 11:05am
Subject:Re: question regarding mysql database location
View as plain text
Hi Manasi,

At a time mysql can point to one data directory. For your task you can have
n number of mysql installation with different data directory. After that you
can use federated storage engine to perform your task.

Thanks,
Krishna Ch. Prajapati

On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:19 PM, Manasi Save <
manasi.save@stripped> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I have asked this question before But, I think I am not able to describe
> it better.
>
> Sorry for asking it again.
> I have multiple databases but there is a limit on the folders getting
> created in one folder.
>
> I have mysql default directory set as /var/lib/mysql/data.
> Now, After 32000 folder creation I am not able to create more folders than
> that. Well Its not like I want to create 32000 database's in it (Which I
> wanted to earlier :-P).
>
> for example - I want to create 10 databases but 5 in
> /var/lib/mysql/data/d1 to d5
> and othe 5 in /var/lib/mysql/data/d6 to d10.
>
> but I want to access all the databases that is d1-d10.
>
> as I ca change the database location after 5 databases but not able to
> access old five which I have created in old location.
>

> Please let me know if anymore information is needed on this. I am really
> looking for the solution. Please Help me.
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> Manasi Save
> Artificial Machines Pvt Ltd.

question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationWaynn Lue25 Nov
    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
      • Re: question regarding mysql database locationWaynn Lue25 Nov
        • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
          • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
            • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
              • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
                • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
                • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
                  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
                    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save27 Nov
                  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationnitin mehta26 Nov
                    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save27 Nov
  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationKrishna Chandra Prajapati25 Nov