List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manasi Save Date:November 25 2009 9:48am
Subject:Re: question regarding mysql database location
View as plain text
Well Waynn,

In this case I need to move all the existing databases to new location
right. Which I don't want to do. Is it possible that I create sym link
between two and use both.
--
Thanks and Regards,
Manasi Save

> On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 12:53 AM, Manasi Save <
> manasi.save@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Waynn,
>>
>> I could not get your point of using symlinks. Because as per my
>> knowledge
>> symlink will store same data which is there in original directory.
>> and What do you mean by "The limit for files is significantly higher
>> than
>> > directories."
>>
>> Can you elaborate it more.
>>
>> Thanks in advance.
>>

> So assuming /var/lib/mysql/data/ is your mysql data directory, you could
> create a new directory called /var/lib/mysql/data/data1, then move all the
> directories from /var/lib/mysql/data/* into data1.  Then you could create
> symlink in /var/lib/mysql/data/ pointing to /var/lib/mysql/data/data1/<dir
> name>.  When mysql tries to load the data directory, it follows the
> symlink
> to the underlying directory (in /var/lib/mysql/data/data1).

Thread
question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationWaynn Lue25 Nov
    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
      • Re: question regarding mysql database locationWaynn Lue25 Nov
        • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
          • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
            • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
              • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
                • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
                • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
                  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
                    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save27 Nov
                  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationnitin mehta26 Nov
                    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save27 Nov
  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationKrishna Chandra Prajapati25 Nov