List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manasi Save Date:November 25 2009 8:53am
Subject:Re: question regarding mysql database location
View as plain text
Thanks Waynn,

I could not get your point of using symlinks. Because as per my knowledge
symlink will store same data which is there in original directory.
and What do you mean by "The limit for files is significantly higher than
> directories."

Can you elaborate it more.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Manasi Save
Artificial Machines Pvt Ltd.

> I fixed this by using symlinks for the directories for the underlying
> databases. The limit for files is significantly higher than
> directories.
>
> Waynn
>
> On 11/24/09, Manasi Save <manasi.save@stripped> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I have asked this question before But, I think I am not able to describe
>> it better.
>>
>> Sorry for asking it again.
>> I have multiple databases but there is a limit on the folders getting
>> created in one folder.
>>
>> I have mysql default directory set as /var/lib/mysql/data.
>> Now, After 32000 folder creation I am not able to create more folders
>> than
>> that. Well Its not like I want to create 32000 database's in it (Which I
>> wanted to earlier :-P).
>>
>> for example - I want to create 10 databases but 5 in
>> /var/lib/mysql/data/d1 to d5
>> and othe 5 in /var/lib/mysql/data/d6 to d10.
>>
>> but I want to access all the databases that is d1-d10.
>>
>> as I ca change the database location after 5 databases but not able to
>> access old five which I have created in old location.
>>

>> Please let me know if anymore information is needed on this. I am really
>> looking for the solution. Please Help me.
>> --
>> Thanks and Regards,
>> Manasi Save
>> Artificial Machines Pvt Ltd.
>>

>> --

question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationWaynn Lue25 Nov
    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
      • Re: question regarding mysql database locationWaynn Lue25 Nov
        • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
          • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
            • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
              • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
                • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
                • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
                  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
                    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save27 Nov
                  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationnitin mehta26 Nov
                    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save27 Nov
  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationKrishna Chandra Prajapati25 Nov