List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Waynn Lue Date:November 25 2009 8:42am
Subject:Re: question regarding mysql database location
View as plain text
I fixed this by using symlinks for the directories for the underlying
databases. The limit for files is significantly higher than
directories.

Waynn

On 11/24/09, Manasi Save <manasi.save@stripped> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have asked this question before But, I think I am not able to describe
> it better.
>
> Sorry for asking it again.
> I have multiple databases but there is a limit on the folders getting
> created in one folder.
>
> I have mysql default directory set as /var/lib/mysql/data.
> Now, After 32000 folder creation I am not able to create more folders than
> that. Well Its not like I want to create 32000 database's in it (Which I
> wanted to earlier :-P).
>
> for example - I want to create 10 databases but 5 in
> /var/lib/mysql/data/d1 to d5
> and othe 5 in /var/lib/mysql/data/d6 to d10.
>
> but I want to access all the databases that is d1-d10.
>
> as I ca change the database location after 5 databases but not able to
> access old five which I have created in old location.
>

> Please let me know if anymore information is needed on this. I am really
> looking for the solution. Please Help me.
> --
> Thanks and Regards,
> Manasi Save
> Artificial Machines Pvt Ltd.

question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationWaynn Lue25 Nov
    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
      • Re: question regarding mysql database locationWaynn Lue25 Nov
        • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
          • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
            • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
              • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
                • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
                • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
                  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
                    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save27 Nov
                  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationnitin mehta26 Nov
                    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save27 Nov
  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationKrishna Chandra Prajapati25 Nov