List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manasi Save Date:November 25 2009 6:49am
Subject:question regarding mysql database location
View as plain text
Hi All,

I have asked this question before But, I think I am not able to describe
it better.

Sorry for asking it again.
I have multiple databases but there is a limit on the folders getting
created in one folder.

I have mysql default directory set as /var/lib/mysql/data.
Now, After 32000 folder creation I am not able to create more folders than
that. Well Its not like I want to create 32000 database's in it (Which I
wanted to earlier :-P).

for example - I want to create 10 databases but 5 in
/var/lib/mysql/data/d1 to d5
and othe 5 in /var/lib/mysql/data/d6 to d10.

but I want to access all the databases that is d1-d10.

as I ca change the database location after 5 databases but not able to
access old five which I have created in old location.

Please let me know if anymore information is needed on this. I am really
looking for the solution. Please Help me.
--
Thanks and Regards,
Manasi Save

Thread
question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationWaynn Lue25 Nov
    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
      • Re: question regarding mysql database locationWaynn Lue25 Nov
        • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
          • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
            • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
              • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
                • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
                • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save25 Nov
                  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationJohan De Meersman25 Nov
                    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save27 Nov
                  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationnitin mehta26 Nov
                    • Re: question regarding mysql database locationManasi Save27 Nov
  • Re: question regarding mysql database locationKrishna Chandra Prajapati25 Nov