List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Steinman Date:November 24 2009 4:56pm
Subject:Re: phpMyAdmin links?
View as plain text
Is there a way to have a permalink to pages in phpMyAdmin,
particularly record editing pages?

I successfully did it -- for a while -- by simply copying the URL when
I was on a record editing page and replacing the obvious key GET
parameter with a variable. But that URL has a GET parameter called
"token" with an opaque identifier that I'll bet is a session handle.
You can't go to the record without it, and if it's included, it stops
working after some period of time.

I'm doing some custom web database work, and for debug and admin
purposes only, I want to create a link whenever a primary key is shown
that will allow "let me at the raw data, dammit" editing.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer, including suggesting a
different list or approach or tool. (I haven't looked for a phpMyAdmin
list yet.)

:::: The light at the end of the tunnel is a man with a flashlight
yelling, "Go back! Go back!" -- Sol Stein ::::
:::: Jan Steinman <http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com> ::::

Thread
Re: phpMyAdmin links?Jan Steinman24 Nov