List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manish Ranjan \(Stigasoft\) Date:November 24 2009 3:45pm
Subject:MySQL Performance with large data
View as plain text
Hi,

I am using MySQL 5.0.45 in production environment. One of my tables (using
MyISAM Engine) is expected to have around 4 billion records and each record
will have 1867 bytes of data. All fields in this table are of character data
type. I have 8 GB RAM on the server, RAID 5 with 750 GB storage space
available and quad core processor.

My question is whether MySQL will be able to handle queries on this amount
of data? What all things I need to consider here?

Thank you.

Thread
MySQL Performance with large dataManish Ranjan \(Stigasoft\)24 Nov
  • Re: MySQL Performance with large dataJohan De Meersman24 Nov
    • RE: MySQL Performance with large dataManish Ranjan \(Stigasoft\)24 Nov
      • Re: MySQL Performance with large dataJohan De Meersman24 Nov
        • Re: MySQL Performance with large dataMichael Dykman24 Nov