List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jaime Crespo Rincón Date:November 24 2009 12:44pm
Subject:Re: How normal mysql server 5.1 uses multiple cores
View as plain text
2009/11/24 Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>:
> If you are wondering about parallel query execution (that is, splitting a
> single query over multiple cores for faster execution), that is currently
> not supported by MySQL.

[offtopic]
Probably is something stupid, but could that be done with ndb cluster
on a single host? Anyway, I suppose performance loses on distributed
joins and so on would outcome multiple-core benefits. And for most
queries, the bottleneck is usually on disk access, not processor. Has
anybody done any serious testing on this?

--
Jaime Crespo
MySQL & Java Instructor