List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan De Meersman Date:November 24 2009 11:18am
Subject:Re: How normal mysql server 5.1 uses multiple cores
View as plain text
MySQL is already a multithreaded process, even though you only see a single
process. Note that it doesn't scale very well above eight or so cores,
especially InnoDB iirc.

If you are wondering about parallel query execution (that is, splitting a
single query over multiple cores for faster execution), that is currently
not supported by MySQL.