List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:René Fournier Date:November 23 2009 10:38pm
Subject:Re: Strange problem with mysqldump / automysqlbackup (ERROR 1300)
View as plain text
So, as a followup, I ran mysqldump on the actual server (with the output directed over AFP
to another machine on the network) -- as opposed to running mysqldump on the destination
server and connecting to the databases over TCP/IP (both are running 5.1.39 PPC 64-bit).
*That* dump file imported OK. So...

It appears there's a bug in mysqldump that occurs intermittently when using TCP/IP
connections to the MySQL database server. I haven't seen this bug occur on smaller
databases, but it was pretty consistent on my non-damaged database of 9GB+.

Anyway, for now I'm going to run automysqlbackup on the actual machine and simply dump to
an external drive or another server on the network.

On 2009-11-20, at 12:58 PM, René Fournier wrote:

> Yes, still exhibits this problem -- although at a different line in the file. (Seems
> random.) I should also mention, the backup is running across a local network. The machine
> the starts automysqlbackup (and internally, mysqldump) connects over TCP/IP to the
> database server. I am going to try running mysqldump on the database server itself, but
> it's not something I can do during normal hours -- plus at 10GB, it's a time-consuming
> thing to test. (Would it matter? I guess I need to find out.)

Thread
Strange problem with mysqldump / automysqlbackup (ERROR 1300)René Fournier20 Nov
  • RE: Strange problem with mysqldump / automysqlbackup (ERROR 1300)Gavin Towey20 Nov
    • Re: Strange problem with mysqldump / automysqlbackup (ERROR 1300)René Fournier20 Nov
      • Re: Strange problem with mysqldump / automysqlbackup (ERROR 1300)René Fournier23 Nov
Re: Strange problem with mysqldump / automysqlbackup (ERROR 1300)René Fournier21 Nov
  • Re: Strange problem with mysqldump / automysqlbackup (ERROR 1300)Claudio Nanni22 Nov
    • Re: Strange problem with mysqldump / automysqlbackup (ERROR 1300)René Fournier22 Nov