List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:November 22 2009 9:30pm
Subject:Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?
View as plain text
Safer and much less work:

since you have the luxury of stopping the server, stop it, restarting
with skip-networking and log in from a local console which should
guarantee that you are alone on the system.

RENAME TABLE
   olddb.table1 TO newdb.table1,
   olddb.table2 TO newdb.table2

put the whole list in here, the whole statement will be applied to the
system atomically meaning all changes logically take place at the same
time.
I have done this under 4.1 at an industrial level.. works like a charm
for any table type I tried.

 - michael dykman

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

"May you live every day of your life."
    Jonathan Swift

Larry's First Law of Language Redesign: Everyone wants the colon.
Thread
Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Eric Robinson21 Nov
  • Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Rob Wultsch21 Nov
RE: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Eric Robinson21 Nov
  • Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Rob Wultsch22 Nov
    • Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Michael Dykman22 Nov
RE: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Eric Robinson23 Nov
  • Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Jim Lyons23 Nov
  • Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Johan De Meersman23 Nov
    • Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Rob Wultsch23 Nov