List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:mos Date:November 22 2009 8:30pm
Subject:Re: Optimizing Project Requirements - question
View as plain text
Mikesz,
        The best way to approach this is to discover how it has been
implemented by others. There is no point re-inventing the wheel. I'm sure
you can get some ideas from this web site:
http://www.databaseanswers.org/data_models/.  and the tutorial at
http://www.databaseanswers.org/tutorial4_db_schema/index.htm

By examining a few of these models you can start to understand the
relationship between tables. I'd recommend getting a case tool to design
your own MySQL database like http://wb.mysql.com/ or XCase etc..

Mike