List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ryan Chan Date:November 22 2009 1:54pm
Subject:Table size vs Memory requirements?
View as plain text
Hello,

Is it common heard from people that if you have large table (assume
MyISAM in my case), you need large memory in order to have the
key/index in memory for performance, otherwise, table scan on disk is
slow.

But how to estimate how much memory I need?

Consider a simple case, a MyISAM table is 10GB in size, with 2GB
index, how much memory I need?

Thanks.
Thread
Table size vs Memory requirements?Ryan Chan22 Nov
  • Re: Table size vs Memory requirements?Dan Nelson23 Nov
  • Re: Table size vs Memory requirements?Brent Baisley23 Nov