List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Rob Wultsch Date:November 22 2009 8:01am
Subject:Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?
View as plain text
On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 2:43 PM, Robinson, Eric <eric.robinson@stripped>wrote:

>  > DB engines that have their own data dictionary (Innodb, etc) in
> addition to
> > what is in the .frm could easily be messed up.
> Like I said, there are only MyISAM tables in the database, so would there
> be any risks associated with my simple approach?
>
> (Also there are no stored procedures because this is MySQL 4.1.22.)
>
> --Eric

Within your specific circumstances what you suggest should be safe.

--
Rob Wultsch
wultsch@stripped

Thread
Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Eric Robinson21 Nov
  • Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Rob Wultsch21 Nov
RE: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Eric Robinson21 Nov
  • Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Rob Wultsch22 Nov
    • Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Michael Dykman22 Nov
RE: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Eric Robinson23 Nov
  • Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Jim Lyons23 Nov
  • Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Johan De Meersman23 Nov
    • Re: Rename Database - Why Would This Not Work?Rob Wultsch23 Nov