List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Ess Date:November 19 2009 12:40pm
Subject:Re: Fwd: ODBC MySQL Password as plain text
View as plain text
Tompkins Neil wrote:
> Following my previous email.  I've now configured my database connection
> using a ODBC DNSLESS SSL connection. However the problem still remains, the
> password is stored in the ASP file in plain text.  Does anyone have any
> recommendations on how to overcome this issue ?

Secure the access to the ASP-source file.
You *could* encrypt it but then you have to store the key for it
somewhere the ASP can access and ..... Catch 22.

Thread
ODBC MySQL Password as plain textTompkins Neil18 Nov
  • Fwd: ODBC MySQL Password as plain textTompkins Neil19 Nov
    • Re: Fwd: ODBC MySQL Password as plain textJay Ess19 Nov
      • Re: Fwd: ODBC MySQL Password as plain textTompkins Neil19 Nov
      • Re: Fwd: ODBC MySQL Password as plain textTompkins Neil20 Nov
Re: Fwd: ODBC MySQL Password as plain textTompkins Neil20 Nov