List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay Ess Date:November 19 2009 8:52am
Subject:Re: DELETE DATA FROM TABLE
View as plain text
Krishna Chandra Prajapati wrote:
> Hi Experts,
>
> I have a crm table where 12 millions records inserted/day. We are running
> report queries on this table and using partitioning features for faster
> results. we have to maintain 45 days data means 540million records. As per
> my calculation 540 records will use 1.8 TB of disk space. Total disk space
> available is 2.3TB.
>
> Deleting data doesn't free up the disk space. So, I was thinking of rotating
> the table. But doesn't have enough disk space.
>
> Any Idea, how this task can be performed.
>
> Any idea or suggestion is highly appreciated.

The space is freed inside the table space but is not seen on disk. Use
"show table status" to show a tables "data_free" variable.
If you prompt want to free the space so you can see it on the file
system you can use "optimize table" command. But the operation can be
slow and the table will be locked.

Thread
DELETE DATA FROM TABLEKrishna Chandra Prajapati19 Nov
  • Re: DELETE DATA FROM TABLEJay Ess19 Nov
  • RE: DELETE DATA FROM TABLEGavin Towey19 Nov
    • Re: DELETE DATA FROM TABLEKrishna Chandra Prajapati19 Nov
      • RE: DELETE DATA FROM TABLEGavin Towey19 Nov