List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krishna Chandra Prajapati Date:November 19 2009 8:12am
Subject:DELETE DATA FROM TABLE
View as plain text
Hi Experts,

I have a crm table where 12 millions records inserted/day. We are running
report queries on this table and using partitioning features for faster
results. we have to maintain 45 days data means 540million records. As per
my calculation 540 records will use 1.8 TB of disk space. Total disk space
available is 2.3TB.

Deleting data doesn't free up the disk space. So, I was thinking of rotating
the table. But doesn't have enough disk space.

Any Idea, how this task can be performed.

Any idea or suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Krishna Ch. Prajapati

Thread
DELETE DATA FROM TABLEKrishna Chandra Prajapati19 Nov
  • Re: DELETE DATA FROM TABLEJay Ess19 Nov
  • RE: DELETE DATA FROM TABLEGavin Towey19 Nov
    • Re: DELETE DATA FROM TABLEKrishna Chandra Prajapati19 Nov
      • RE: DELETE DATA FROM TABLEGavin Towey19 Nov