List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Charles Brown Date:November 18 2009 8:44pm
Subject:host variables
View as plain text
Can someone help me. I am trying to make calls to Mysql from VBscript via ASP But I'm
experiencing difficulties with passing host variables to mysql
 See examples below

isbn =34373
sql= "select isbn, book_title, publisher_name FROM cs443.books_available where isbn= "
&isbn

The above works  but the below doesn't return any thing

Dim pubname
Pubname = "Bantam Books"

sql= "select isbn, book_title, publisher_name FROM cs443.books_available  where
publisher_name  =" &pubname

immediately.

Thank you.
Selecting data from multiple tablesAshley M. Kirchner15 Nov
  • RE: Selecting data from multiple tablesGavin Towey16 Nov
  • Re: Selecting data from multiple tablesShawn Green18 Nov
    • host variables Charles Brown18 Nov