List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Charles Brown Date:November 18 2009 8:40pm
Subject:with passing host variables to mySQL
View as plain text
Can someone help me. I am trying to make calls to Mysql from VBscript via= =20ASP But I'm
experiencing difficulties with passing host variables to my SQL=20 See example below

isbn =3D  717192=20
sql=3D "select isbn, book_title, publisher_name FROM cs443.books_availabl= e where isbn=3D
" &isbn

The above works  but the below doesn't return any thing

Dim pubname
Pubname =3D "Bantam Books"

sql=3D "select isbn, book_title, publisher_name FROM cs443.books_availabl= e where
publisher_name  =3D " &pubname=20

immediately.

Thank you.
Techniques for queries on a series?Jan Steinman17 Nov
  • Re: Techniques for queries on a series?Peter Brawley17 Nov
    • Re: Techniques for queries on a series?Jan Steinman17 Nov
  • with passing host variables to mySQLCharles Brown18 Nov