List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:April 21 1999 5:58pm
Subject:Re: Starting MYSQL as a WINNT service
View as plain text
David Johnson wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Trying to get MySQL running on Win32 as a service... everything seems
> fine so far running with "--standalone", but when I install as a service
> (c:\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt --install), then try to start the service, I
> keep getting this error:
>
> C:\>net start mysql
> The MySql service is starting.
> The MySql service could not be started.
>
> A system error has occurred.
>
> System error 1067 has occurred.
>
> The process terminated unexpectedly.
>
> So I looked up the info in the ms headers, but it was pretty useless.
>
> //
> // MessageId: ERROR_PROCESS_ABORTED
> //
> // MessageText:
> //
> //  The process terminated unexpectedly.
> //
> #define ERROR_PROCESS_ABORTED            1067L
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Dave Johnson

Hi Dave

Forget the NT message. It is always the same.
mysql 3.22.20 for win32 has a little problem in finding its binarys.

To fix it, copy the 'my-example.cnf' file to C:\ and rename it to 'my.cnf'.
Then add the line:
basedir = C:/mysql/
just below '[mysqld]' in 'my.cnf'.

Hope this helps
Christian

Thread
Starting MYSQL as a WINNT serviceDavid Johnson21 Apr
  • Re: Starting MYSQL as a WINNT serviceChristian Mack21 Apr