List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Wilson Date:November 17 2009 5:57am
Subject:Re: How to change root password?
View as plain text
Okay, that worked, thank you!

-Mike

On Nov 16, 2009, at 6:49 PM, Hassan Schroeder wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 6:15 PM, Michael Wilson
> <michaelwilson72@stripped> wrote:
>
>> I don't know what the password is for the Unix mysql user...
>>
>> You mean sign in as mysql in the OS X Login Window?
>
> Just open a terminal window, type `sudo bash` and you'll be the root
> user. Then you can type `su - mysql` to become the mysql user. And
> of course, if mysql runs as a different user use that :-)
>
> Then you should be able to use that procedure, though frankly I've
> never seen it before; I've always used the --skip-grant-tables option.
>
> cheap 'n' cheerful, in the Canadian idiom :-)
>
> HTH,
> --
> Hassan Schroeder ------------------------ hassan.schroeder@stripped
> twitter: @hassan

Thread
How to change root password?Michael Wilson16 Nov
  • Re: How to change root password?Pintér Tibor16 Nov
  • Re: How to change root password?Alexey Mykhailov16 Nov
    • Re: How to change root password?Michael Wilson17 Nov
      • Re: How to change root password?John Daisley17 Nov
Re: How to change root password?Michael Wilson17 Nov