List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alexey Mykhailov Date:November 16 2009 7:37am
Subject:Re: How to change root password?
View as plain text
On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 20:13:38 -0800, Michael Wilson
<michaelwilson72@stripped> wrote:
> I am running MySQL 5 on OS X Snow Leopard...
>
> Have it set up (by installing the pref pane) to always be running as
soon
> as my MacBook starts.
>
> For some odd reason, I can't remember the password I issued for "root"
> user and wish to either change it back to blank or a new specific
password.

> What should I type from the command line?
>
> When I tried:
>
> mysqladmin -uroot -p
>
> The Bash shell listed out all the possible arguments which the
mysqladmin
> could utilize:
>
> mysqladmin  Ver 8.42 Distrib 5.4.3-beta, for apple-darwin9.5.0 on i386
> Copyright 2000-2008 MySQL AB, 2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc.
> This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
> and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license
>
> Administration program for the mysqld daemon.
> Usage: mysqladmin [OPTIONS] command command....
>   -c, --count=#       Number of iterations to make. This works with -i
>                       (--sleep) only.
>   --debug-check       Check memory and open file usage at exit .
> // etc
>
> Would appreciate if someone could help...
>
> -Michael

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/resetting-permissions.html
Thread
How to change root password?Michael Wilson16 Nov
  • Re: How to change root password?Pintér Tibor16 Nov
  • Re: How to change root password?Alexey Mykhailov16 Nov
    • Re: How to change root password?Michael Wilson17 Nov
      • Re: How to change root password?John Daisley17 Nov
Re: How to change root password?Michael Wilson17 Nov