List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gavin Towey Date:November 13 2009 6:53pm
Subject:RE: cannot find my.cnf file
View as plain text
Did you remove the my.cnf file and then run /etc/init.d/mysql stop?  The my.cnf probably had non-default paths for the pid file, so if you remove the config file, now the startup script is looking in the wrong location.

Also for your password issue, please show use the exact command you're using to try to log in, and the exact error message you get.

Regards
Gavin Towey