List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Aveek Misra Date:November 12 2009 9:00am
Subject:Innodb Buffer Pool vs Query Cache
View as plain text
I am using the innodb storage engine for a table that is used for a lot
of SELECT's on columns that are defined as indexes. I have not enabled
the query cache as of now since the innodb buffer pool already caches
data and index information for InnoDB  tables. So my question is - is
the query cache used primarily for MyISAM tables or is it also useful
for InnoDB tables (considering that the InnoDB has a buffer pool in
place)? If I do enable the query cache, is there an additional overhead
of maintaining two buffers that essentially contain the same data?
Thread
Innodb Buffer Pool vs Query CacheAveek Misra12 Nov
  • Re: Innodb Buffer Pool vs Query CacheJohan De Meersman12 Nov