List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Dykman Date:November 11 2009 3:44am
Subject:Re: storage difference in VARCHAR(size)?
View as plain text
You have stumbled across the secret.  No, there is no difference at
all as the calculations suggested here confirm.

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/storage-requirements.html

--
 - michael dykman
 - mdykman@stripped

"May you live every day of your life."
    Jonathan Swift

Larry's First Law of Language Redesign: Everyone wants the colon.
Thread
storage difference in VARCHAR(size)?Waynn Lue11 Nov
  • Re: storage difference in VARCHAR(size)?Michael Dykman11 Nov
  • Re: storage difference in VARCHAR(size)?Martijn Tonies11 Nov
    • Re: storage difference in VARCHAR(size)?Johan De Meersman11 Nov
      • Re: storage difference in VARCHAR(size)?Waynn Lue11 Nov