List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Krishna Chandra Prajapati Date:November 9 2009 6:33pm
Subject:Re: DROP TABLE TOOK 39MIN
View as plain text
Hi Michael,

Already using innodb_file_per_table.

Krishna

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 9:39 PM, Michael Dykman <mdykman@stripped> wrote:

> Under InnoDb, you could use file-per-table which would have
> significantly reduced the inter-dependencies..  given the large data
> size and heavy I/O you report, it might be a wise way to go.
>
>  - michael dykman
>

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 3:41 AM, Johan De Meersman <vegivamp@stripped>
> wrote:
> > Presumably because you are removing 189 gigabyte of data and 549 gigabyte
> of
> > indexes, all of which need to be marked as deleted in your innodb file.
> I/O
> > is rather expensive :-)
> >
> > On MyISAM this would have been close to instantaneous (as you probably
> > expected), because the datafile is used only for that table, so all
> that's
> > needed is three filesystem delete operations.
> >

> --
>  - michael dykman
>  - mdykman@stripped
>
> "May you live every day of your life."
>    Jonathan Swift
>
> Larry's First Law of Language Redesign: Everyone wants the colon.

Thread
DROP TABLE TOOK 39MINKrishna Chandra Prajapati9 Nov
  • Re: DROP TABLE TOOK 39MINJohan De Meersman9 Nov
    • Re: DROP TABLE TOOK 39MINMichael Dykman9 Nov
      • Re: DROP TABLE TOOK 39MINKrishna Chandra Prajapati9 Nov
        • RE: DROP TABLE TOOK 39MINDilip Kumar Parikh10 Nov
          • Re: DROP TABLE TOOK 39MINJohan De Meersman10 Nov