List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sebastiaan van Erk Date:November 9 2009 2:01pm
Subject:Re: Temp file issues on Ubuntu 9.10
View as plain text
Hi,

Not that I am aware of. I'm just running a standard out of the box 9.10
Ubuntu, upgraded from 9.04. Note that when I'm using /tmp/mysql or /tmp
as tmpdir, at least InnoDB starts up, but then I still get the strange
"temp file operation failed" message instead of the constraint when I
try to do a delete of a record which would violate a constraint.

So it seems there are at least 2 problems:
1) tmpfs refuses to work for me
2) even on a working tmpdir, temp file creations fails in some cases

I'm thinking of doing a reinstall of my system (back to 9.04, why o why
did I have to upgrade in the first place).

Regards,
Sebastiaan

Johnny Withers wrote:
> Are you running selinux?
>
> On Sunday, November 8, 2009, Sebastiaan van Erk <sebster@stripped> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>

>> $ ls -ld /tmp/mysql
>> drwxr-xr-x 2 mysql mysql 4096 2009-11-08 10:14 /tmp/mysql
>>
>> $ ls -ld /tmpfs/mysql
>> drwxr-xr-x 2 mysql mysql 40 2009-11-08 10:12 /tmpfs/mysql
>>
>> So I don't see the difference....
>>
>> Has anyone encountered similar problems, or know what's going on here?
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Sebastiaan
>>

>> This might just be a typo, but the chown statement you gave us didn't have a
> target and so would not have affected the relevant directories:
>>
>> mkdir /tmpfs
>> mount -t tmpfs -o size=1g tmpfs /tmpfs
>> mkdir /tmpfs/mysql
>> chown mysql:mysql
>> Probably should be:
>> chown -R mysql:mysql  /tmpfs/mysql
>>
>> john
>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks, yes that's a typo indeed, sorry I didn't catch it before sending the
> mail. The ls output was copy-pasted from a terminal and there the ownerships are correct.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sebastiaan

Temp file issues on Ubuntu 9.10Sebastiaan van Erk8 Nov
  • Re: Temp file issues on Ubuntu 9.10John List8 Nov
    • Re: Temp file issues on Ubuntu 9.10Sebastiaan van Erk8 Nov
      • Re: Temp file issues on Ubuntu 9.10Johnny Withers9 Nov
        • Re: Temp file issues on Ubuntu 9.10Sebastiaan van Erk9 Nov
  • Re: Temp file issues on Ubuntu 9.10Krishna Chandra Prajapati9 Nov
    • Re: Temp file issues on Ubuntu 9.10Sebastiaan van Erk9 Nov
      • Re: Temp file issues on Ubuntu 9.10Ananda Kumar10 Nov
        • Re: Temp file issues on Ubuntu 9.10Sebastiaan van Erk10 Nov