List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:November 5 2009 8:29pm
Subject:Re: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
View as plain text
Hi Charles,

the socket is created either in the default location or in the location
specified in the 'my.cnf' configuration file under the [mysqld] section,
you can have different 'my.cnf' files in the system in different default
locations that are read in a cascading style sheet fashion (for the
locations look in the manual),
you can also specify one and only configuration file using the flag
--defaults-file=/path/to/my.cnf
Keep in mind that the socket file connection method works only on the
local system and only on unix/linux o.s.
So to not have the need to specify anything when using the 'mysql'
client program just specify the same path for the socket file under the
[mysql] and [mysqld] section of the 'my.cnf'.

Hope this helps

Claudio

Brown, Charles wrote:

> Claudio, It worked but here is a follow up question. Is this a
> circumvention or permanent fix. Why is it pointing to a
> /tmp/Mysql.sock  when one socket exists in /var/lib/Mysql

getting repeating events between two datesRobert L Ramsey3 Nov
  • socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Charles Brown3 Nov
RE: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Charles Brown4 Nov
  • Re: RE: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Claudio Nanni4 Nov
Re: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Claudio Nanni5 Nov