List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:November 5 2009 8:29pm
Subject:Re: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
View as plain text
Hi Charles,

the socket is created either in the default location or in the location
specified in the 'my.cnf' configuration file under the [mysqld] section,
you can have different 'my.cnf' files in the system in different default
locations that are read in a cascading style sheet fashion (for the
locations look in the manual),
you can also specify one and only configuration file using the flag
Keep in mind that the socket file connection method works only on the
local system and only on unix/linux o.s.
So to not have the need to specify anything when using the 'mysql'
client program just specify the same path for the socket file under the
[mysql] and [mysqld] section of the 'my.cnf'.

Hope this helps

Brown, Charles wrote:
> Claudio, It worked but here is a follow up question. Is this a
> circumvention or permanent fix. Why is it pointing to a
> /tmp/Mysql.sock  when one socket exists in /var/lib/Mysql

getting repeating events between two datesRobert L Ramsey3 Nov
  • socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Charles Brown3 Nov
RE: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Charles Brown4 Nov
  • Re: RE: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Claudio Nanni4 Nov
Re: socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)Claudio Nanni5 Nov